Some days, you just want to eat something light, yet, fulfilling!
Today is one of those days. Lately it seems that I have been making heavy dishes which are carb laden and cannot be good for the human body.
For today’s post, I give you a spicy coconut lime sauce on spaghetti. This is a very quick and simple recipe, yet it is delicious beyond comprehension.
This spicy coconut lime sauce with pasta dish is perfect for lunch or a quick dinner idea. Add a quick side salad like this beet salad recipe and you have a well rounded meal on your hands. Or, you can eat is with this Sweet Potato Soup by The Foodie Affair. This soup is one of my all time favorite soups because it is easy to prepare. Normally, I substitute tomato pulp for the vegetable stock.
I like spaghetti for this recipe because it is hearty enough to be the full meal. However, you can use this sauce with any kind of Pasta. It will go great with fusilli pasta or even linguini.
This recipe has a very distinct Thai flavor to it. Adding pasta to it gives it a little Italian flare. Don’t you just love fusion cuisine?
I know I do!
I like using Thai pepper in this recipe because it adds a new taste dimension to the spicy coconut lime sauce . If you find it too spicy, go for Jalepeno peppers instead. Whatever you choose, make it a little spicy.
There is no better feeling than making your taste buds come alive with a little pepper in any dish.
I made this dish for Sunday lunch and it was one of the best Sunday lunches we have had in a long time. Then, came the best Sunday naps!
What is your favorite light dish to prepare?
Recipe Details (Makes 2 Servings of Spicy Coconut Lime Sauce)
- - 1 clove of garlic
- - 5 leaves of cilantro
- - 1 cup of coconut milk
- - 1 sprig of scallion (green onions)
- - Juice of ½ of a lime
- - 2 Thai Chillies
- - 1 tsp of salt
- - 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- - 1 tsp of olive or sunflower oil
- - ¼ cup of water
- - 1 pound of uncooked linguini
- - 1 tsp of olive oil
- - 1 tsp of salt
- - Enough water to cook the linguini
- - Prepare the spaghetti by adding it to boiling water.
- - Add the salt and olive oil to the water and pasta
- - In a mini food processor, add all the ingredients for the sauce except the coconut milk
- - Pulse about 5 times or until the ingredients are finely chopped
- - Introduce the coconut milk slowly and stir well
- - Add the sauce to the pasta and mix well.